"Democracy is indispensable to socialism."
- Vladimir Lenin
As were most other viewers, I was sickened to watch John "W." McCain taunting Barack with racist slurs.
But in the long run, it will not matter. Barack held his own, and reminded the Amerikkkan voters that:
- They are suffering because of rich people
- They are suffering because of Bush
- They should not have to pay off their loans
- They are struggling, struggling, struggling
- They work hard with nothing to show for it; rich people do nothing except make money off of working people
- The government needs to be bigger
- Oil companies will be punished
- The financial crisis is a result of Bush's regulation-free Wild West "laissez faire" banking system
- Rich CEOs are to blame for all problems
- We should reduce trade with other nations. (I personally feel strongly about this, and would hope that President Obama will follow a Juche economic plan.)
- Everyone will get free health care
- We can't afford another eight years of what this country just went through; we need to return to October 2000.
- McCain wants to hand over $4,000,000,000 to the oil companies. Remember: A tax reduction is the same thing as a gift. (I also strongly agree with this. The government is entitled to everyone's money, and anything that the government does not collect is most certainly a gift.)
- Private insurance companies are now getting an annual $15,000,000,000 gift.
- Health care is bankrupting otherwise solvent citizens
- A few rich people are making everyone else poor
- We need new infrastructure, new roads to the most remote rural areas, and a new electrical "grid".
- We will get a "Google for Government" because the government is better at providing clear and useful information than Google itself.
- Money spent in Iraq should instead be spent on expanding social programs here
- Bush: An orgy of spending
- Iraq: We lost
- Sanctions: They work
- Tougher sanctions: They work even better
- Kissinger: He took my line, let's meet with Iran
- Energy: We need a strategy
- Drilling: Can't drill our way out of problems
- Solutions: Solar, wind and biodiesel
- Veterans Affairs: Give them more money
- Investments: What we need to do to education so that ordinary people can live out their dreams
- Me: Not ordinary
- Kenya: Land of my father
Well, good for Barack that he understands what the working people need to hear. With these sort of insightful policy prescriptions, I suspect that most people will be voting Democrat.
Put another way: If a responsive government can give the people everything they need from those who can most afford to pay for it, then it is almost axiomatic that the majority will vote with their heart.
And the majority is always right.
Solidarity, brothers and sisters.
We are getting much closer to the next stage of capitalism's death spiral.