Monday, June 12, 2006

Gay Marriage: Now and Forever

There is no room for any discussion about gay marriage. Simply put, the behavior of consenting adults in the privacy of their homes is no one's business. Period.


It is morally repugnant to confine marriage to a pairing between a heterosexual male and a heterosexual female. Think about it this way: If one partner is male, then on what basis can one discriminate against the other partner for being male? If two men (or two women) are in a caring relationship that demands marriage, then there is no basis whatsoever for denying it.

And that's why it is also important to recognize the right of relatives to marry each other. Cousins. Siblings. Gay siblings. Brother with brother, sister with sister. Father with daughter, mother with son. Father with son, mother with daughter. No one, but no one, has the right to tell these consenting adults how to live their lives. If a man wishes to marry three of his daughters, then society must accommodate. If a man wishes to marry his (responsible) teenage grandchildren, then we must oblige.

It is, of course, understandable that some people might wish to marry
animals. But do animals have rights? Of course they do. Therefore, it is acceptable for people to marry dogs, cats, horses, snakes, iguanas, and so forth. I ask you: If we can murder and eat animals, they why can't we marry them? Our barbaric culture celebrates the mass slaughter of animals for human consumption. Wouldn't it be better for everyone if we had sex with them instead?

In fact, I once knew someone who would order a lobster in restaurants, have sex with it in the mens room, and then eat it. Disgusted, I asked him, "How could you possibly eat another animal?" He confessed that his behavior was indeed sick -- and he is now a happy vegan!

Can one marry a dead person? Possibly, though I am a firm believer that all parties in a marriage should be alive. (To be sure, at least one party should be alive.) But that does not mean that we should be judgmental against people who have sex with corpses -- human or animal. I've personally witnessed people having group sex with large road kill, like deer. And, when I was a child, I recall my own parents enjoying themselves with family pets after they expired.

Gay marriage. It is a "no-brainer".

3 comments:

Lexcen said...

It's about time that "motherfucker" was made into a compliment rather than a derogatory description.

BHCh said...

Dear Prof Kurgman,

Great picture of you! Did you get your boyfriend to take it?

I need your guidance guidance on whether it's right to support Mullahs and Sheiks who

- on one hand fight for Islam and against the Zionist and Amerikkkan oppressors, but

- on the other hand support the killing of gays.

Sheik Yusuf al-Qaradawi is a great example of the kind of gentlemen I am talking about.

Professor Kurgman, PhD, PhD, PhD said...

Mr. Shlemazl -

A) That is not me...BUT within the next few days, I will be posting a picture of myself that I am very proud of, as I am celebrating my body.

B) The killing of gays is something I will need to ponder. When it is done by superior cultures, it makes one wonder if there is merit to it. I will need to think and think and think about this...

Palestine Blogs - The Gazette Subscribe in Bloglines