Thursday, March 23, 2006

A Joke from the Mailbag

At first, I thought that the following was a genuine warning, and almost sued my doctor for not inoculating me. But then I realized that it was just a joke. And perhaps one of the most clever jokes I have ever come across, as it is replete with irony and satire, and yet can be enjoyed on so many levels.

Not that I want to spoil your fun, but look at the end of the joke, You see, it refers to a disease from a “bush” found in Texas. It took a little while, but I realized that this was a pun, a play on words, that uses humor to convey the dark threat posed by the genocidal lunatic in the White House.

Enjoy. I am still chuckling.

But I stopped chuckling when I remembered that there are too many people in Amerika without health insurance.

Please send copies of this joke to all of your relatives and everyone you know.

*******************************

The Center for Disease Control has issued a warning about a new virulent strain of Sexually Transmitted Disease. The disease is contracted through dangerous and high-risk behavior. The disease is called Gonorrhea Lectim and pronounced "gonna re-elect him." Many victims contracted it in 2004, after having been screwed for the past four years.

Cognitive characteristics of individuals infected include: anti-social personality disorders, delusions of grandeur with messianic overtones, extreme cognitive dissonance, inability to incorporate new information, pronounced xenophobia and paranoia, inability to accept responsibility for own actions, cowardice masked by misplaced bravado, uncontrolled facial smirking, ignorance of geography and history, tendencies towards evangelical theocracy, categorical all-or-nothing behavior.

Naturalists and epidemiologists are amazed at how this destructive disease originated only a few years ago from a bush found in Texas


No comments:

Palestine Blogs - The Gazette Subscribe in Bloglines