Friday, July 28, 2006

Pat Buchanan: I Like Him!

A couple of days ago, I linked to a favorable assessment of a Pat Buchanan quote in my favorite blog, Daily Kos.

However, I did not actually read the quote. You see, I am constantly under the crushing burden of educating my students, my colleagues, and you. So, I do not have time to read much. Maybe a paragraph a day, now and then. Fortunately, reading for me is rather pointless, as there is little that I don’t already know. (How many PhDs does the average author have?)

My strengths are speaking, advocating, and instigating change.

But I finally read that at Buchanan quote, and I must say that I am really starting to like this man. He speaks truth to power about the Zionists:

I certainly hope the president is not listening to them because I really question whether they've got America's national interest at heart. They're calling for wars against people that never attacked us. I don't care how bad they are. There are wicked people all over this world but you don't go after people unless they come after you.

This reminds me of the time I was in the food co-op during an armed robbery:

Anyway, some young men entered the store and threatened to shoot the clerk unless they were given all the money in the store. I felt sorry for these young men. After all, what sort of monster could feel bitterness towards anyone stealing a loaf of bread to feed their family? And so, I urged the clerk to hand over all the money in the store, and whatever was in his wallet, too.

Now, some people may say that those young men were “wicked”. But, as Professor Buchanan observed: Did they come after me? No, they did not. And (among other reasons), I did not call for help.

Similarly, a few months ago, I was choking on a sprout in the faculty lounge – and a colleague saved my life by administering the Heimlich Maneuver. Shortly afterwards, I saw this same colleague being mistakenly arrested at an anti-globalization protest. It was a case of mistaken identity, and the police hauled him away in handcuffs. Yes, I could have clarified the matter with the police, but I asked myself: Did the police come after me? No, they did not. And so, I ran away.

I salute you, Professor Pat Buchanan. You’re still a filthy racist enemy of the people, but I nevertheless salute you. Just a little push, and I think we’ll have a conversion.

1 comment:

BHCh said...

Hands off my favourite American politician. He is one of the few who realy care about Americans.

This man is so thoughtful, he even found time to design a mandotory uniform for American schoolkids: black boots and brown shirts.

Palestine Blogs - The Gazette Subscribe in Bloglines